Fertile medium size lakes, the freshwater giants of Delavan and Geneva, the Madison Chain, and winding rivers with connecting lowland reservoirs and elevated lakes offer some of the best fishing opportunities in southern Wisconsin….. and quite frankly some of the best in the entire state of Wisconsin! This part of the state contains well managed lakes that offer public access. Although similar in many respects to the most of Wisconsin’s inland fisheries, this region is markedly different due to the diversity of lake types and close proximity to the Chicago and Milwaukee metro areas. Increased lake fertility occurs due to the nutrients of lakeshore homeowners, and agricultural run-off from farmland and forests allows these waters to support more adult gamefish and panfish per acre, and generate fast growth rates.
The lakes southern Wisconsin are home to excellent populations of largemouth bass, northern pike, and assorted panfish species along with the potential for trophy sized fish. Additionally, some of these major fisheries are stocked with additional species such as muskies and walleyes in order to sustain their populations.
Besides the inland lakes, Pat Harrison Outdoors also offers trips to the more central part of the state as he is an avid walleye angler on the Wisconsin River. The Wisconsin River system is home to excellent populations of eater sized walleyes along with the potential for trophy sized fish. Additionally, these same waters are also home to underfished, panfish and bass species. Likewise, trophy potential also exists, especially on the Wisconsin River system and its flowages.
Primary Fish Species of Interest
- Largemouth Bass (abundant)
- Smallmouth Bass (common)
- Walleye (common)
- White Bass (common)
- Black Crappie (abundant)
- Bluegill (abundant)
- Yellow Perch (common)
- Channel Catfish (common)
- Northern Pike (common)
- Muskellunge (common)
Fishing in Southern Wisconsin
The lakes and rivers in southern Wisconsin are popular fishing destinations for Chicago area residents and local southern Wisconsin anglers.
- Wisconsin River (Dells area)
- Madison Chain of Lakes (Madison, WI)
- Geneva Lake (Fontana and Williams Bay, WI)
- Delavan Lake (Delavan, WI)
- Milwaukee River and Harbor (Milwaukee WI)
- New for 2017 I will also be doing trips for Bass, Trout and Salmon in Milwaukee on the Milwaukee River and Milwaukee Harbor. I am also available for Racine, Oak Creek and Kenosha Harbors.
Southern Wisconsin Fishing (For 2 anglers):
- Full Day Fishing Trip: $400.00
- Half Day Fishing Trip: $300.00
- Extra Adult Angler: $75.00
- Extra Child Angler (under 16): Contact for special rates
- Bait, lunch and refreshments are included.